As you know, COVID-19 has changed the way political campaigns are run. However, as the Mayor’s re-election campaign ramps up, there are many ways you can participate: display a yard sign (or two) at your home or business; help with mailings; donate cash or in-kind resources; and work as a volunteer on a variety of tasks.
Please consider the following options and sign up below.
- FUNDRAISING – calls to targeted donor prospects asking for contributions
- SPECIAL EVENTS – these include coffees/meet ‘n greets as well as fundraising events and others targeted for a specific activity (petition gathering, debates, etc.). Volunteer work involves communications to Tom’s legion of friends, planning and execution of the actual activity.
- PR/COMMUNICATIONS/SOCIAL MEDIA – All friends and volunteers are invited to follow the campaign on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and help increase the impact of our social media communications – and visit our website.
FIELD OPERATIONS – many jobs in the late fall, winter and early spring:
- ADMINISTRATION/DATA ENTRY – assist at the office and at home with scheduling, preparation for meetings/trainings, communications to volunteers; entry to database of McNamara supporters, volunteers and yard sign requests.
- CANVASSING - walk door-to-door to visit/encourage with registered voters
- PHONE BANK - make calls to registered voters
- YARD SIGN INSTALLATION
- WARD LEADER or PRECINCT CAPTAIN
- LITERATURE DROP - cover entire precincts door-to-door with no voter contact
- GET-OUT-THE-VOTE (GOTV) for Election Day: help Tom get out the vote in various ways.