I wanted to take a moment and say thank you.
On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 I was elected to serve a second term as Mayor of Rockford.
It’s been the honor of my life to serve as Mayor these past four years.
Thanks to your support, I’m more energized and enthusiastic about Rockford’s future than I was when I was first elected.
Working together, we’ve accomplished much since 2017.
- We’ve lowered property taxes
- We’ve opened a Family Peace Center, to help survivors of domestic and sexual violence
- We approved the Hard Rock Casino, which will bring 1,500 jobs and millions of dollars in revenue to our community.
- We’ve helped our airport continue its record-breaking expansion
- We’ve reduced blight, taking down hundreds of problem residential and commercial properties
- We’ve established the Rockford Promise/NIU Scholarship to help RPS 205 graduates attend NIU tuition-free
- We’ve made our boards and commissions more reflective of our community, increasing the number of women appointed by 52 percent and people of color by 60 percent.
- And, we doubled the number of students in Head Start programs and increased the hours in the classroom.
Those were just a few highlights from the last four years of our work together.
In the last year, we’ve faced an unprecedented challenge in COVID-19. No part of our community has been left untouched by the pandemic.
As we work to get more of our community vaccinated, I hope we’ll come together not just to “re-open” but also to “re-imagine” the Rockford we want to live in.
Let’s use the opportunities in front of us to build a better Rockford for ALL.
Let’s improve our infrastructure with more active transportation.
Let’s diversify our business community and provide more livable wage jobs where EVERYONE can thrive.
Let’s work to support our public schools and the future generation of leaders in Rockford.
Let’s strengthen our neighborhoods so all feel safe no matter where they live.
I’m looking forward to working WITH YOU during the next four years to build the community we want and deserve.
The Right Priorities →